Business Services is located on the top floor (street level) of the Student Success Center (SSC) office 3.127.

Students will no longer receive a bill in the mail. Students are sent an email message to their student email address from the Business Office when their billing information is available on MyMtech.

You can fill out a “Change of Address” form in the Enrollment Services office or you can email Enrollment at to change your billing address.

You accept or decline the student health insurance in MyMtech when you look at or finalize your student bill at the beginning of every semester. If you need to waive the insurance after the 15th class day, the student must talk to the Director of International Services in the Academic Center for Excellent (ACE) office.

Your account can be paid online through MyMtech or at the Business Office (SSC 3.127).

The Montana Tech Business Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.

Please see Tax Information.

Payment is due by two weeks prior to the first day of class.

The Business Office will mail out 1098 T Tax forms in January. You can reprint a copy of the form by going in to your MyMtech account.

If you have a refund it will be available for you to pick up at the Business Office (a Digger ID card is required). Please check your MyMtech account to determine when your refund has been ordered. Refunds are not issued for $5 or less, except upon the specific request of the person entitled to receive the refund. All refund requests for $5 or less must be received in writing.

Refund warrants not cashed will stale-date with the State of Montana in six months. Please contact the Business Office for information on warrant replacement or how to obtain unclaimed funds.

You can request the Business Office to mail your refund to you. Send a request from your Montana Tech e-mail account to with the following information:

  1. A request for us to mail the refund
  2. The term that the refund is for
  3. The address where you want it mailed