Center for Academic Innovation-Learning Online
Moodle Orientation Course for Faculty
A Moodle Orientation course is available in your list of courses after logging into MyMtech [External site]. The course is called, “Online Teaching”. Once inside that course, you can click on “How to Use Moodle”.
Recordings of Tech Faculty Teaching Faculty Series
- Tips for New Online Instructors [External site]
by Gordy Flanders
- More Efficient and Fair Grading Using the Quiz Feature in Moodle [External site]
by Julie Hart
Faculty Focus Special Reports
- MIT OpenCourseWare [External site]
- MITx [External site]
- edX [External site]
- OpenStax [External site]
- Curriki [External site]
- OER Commons [External site]
- Open Education Global [External site]
- The Encyclopedia of Life [External site]
- Online Education Database [External site]
- TED Talks [External site]
- Carnegie Mellon Open Learning Initiative [External site]
- John Hopkins School of Public Health OpenCourseWare [External site]
- Open Yale Courses [External site]
- Standard Engineering Everywhere [External site]
- Khan Academy [External site]
- Public Library of Science [External site]
- The Open University [External site
- Resources for Faculty for Short-term Distance Instruction
- Part-Time Faculty Information
- Faculty and Staff Information
- Montana Tech Faculty Handbook [PDF]
- Montana Tech Student Handbook [PDF]
- Online Teaching Instructions/Computer Support and Tutorials (TECH SUPPORT) [External site]
- Free Online Tutoring for Tech Students [External site]
- Learn about Basic Computer Terminology [External site]
See our efforts to make all online learning accessible to Montana Tech students.
See the different modalities we offer and use the skills checklist to find out if distance learning is right for you.
To access your online courses, Log into MyMTech with your Tech credentials. Click on the course link in the Learning Portal to access Moodle.
Tech Support - Mon-Fri 8:00 - 4:30
In the SSC
Common Questions About Online Learning - Montana Tech
Am I ready to take an online course?
Which college (school/program) would I be in?
Do online courses cost more? In addition to regular fees, online courses usually cost a per credit fee. Check Cost of Attendance.
How do I apply for financial aid?
How do I apply for a scholarship?
How do I find an Advisor? If you are in an online program at Montana Tech, you will be assigned an advisor from that program (please contact your advisor by email).
How do I register for classes?
How can I learn Moodle? A Moodle Orientation Course, Learning Moodle, can be found in the list of your courses after logging into MyMtech [External site].