Students offered work-study have satisfied requirements through their FAFSA filing that make them eligible for either Federal or State work-study. This gives students the opportunity to earn money that can be put toward their living expenses or their tuition that is actually paid out of either Federal or State funds. One of the benefits of any money earned through work-study is that it is not considered as an income resource on the next year's FAFSA.

Federal Work Study and State Work Study are listed on your financial aid offer, if you are eligible. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 406-496-4223.

Yes, any enrolled Montana Tech student is eligible to apply for institutional jobs on campus. Institutional jobs are paid for by the department's budget. You may contact various departments to determine if such employment exists.

Students should start looking for a job as close to the start of the semester as possible. You can either come into Career Services or you can view jobs posted online to DR2.0.

For on-campus jobs, once you have found a position you'd like to apply for, contact the hiring supervisor and let them know if you are eligible for Federal Work Study or State Work Study or are looking for an institutional job. The hiring supervisor will then let you know what the interviewing and hiring procedures are. Jobs posted to DR2.0 detail what the interviewing and hiring procedures are, but you may contact the supervisor if you have any questions. It is advisable to have a resume ready.

DR2.0 assists with your career preparation and job/internship search. This allows you to easily create and manage your account online and submit your resume electronically to our office. As a Montana Tech student, you are also able to view and sign-up for on-campus interviews, check out career events as well as search for jobs and internships posted with Career Services by employers from across the nation. You will see which departments have positions available and whom to contact.

If you are offered an on-campus position, your first stop is Enrollment Services to process your mandatory hiring paperwork. This paperwork must be done before your first day of work. You will be required to complete a Student Employment Certification form as well as an I-9 Form and, depending on your situation, a Student Employment packet before you begin working.

Please bring your original documents to Enrollment Services.

On-campus students can work up to 20 hours a week while school is in session and up to 40 hours a week during holidays or summer. Most students work an average of 10-15 hours a week while taking classes.

Nothing happens other than a resource to earn money for tuition or expenses was not taken advantage of. Please notify Financial Aid if you choose not to use your award.

The student pay period is bi-weekly. Students are paid on the Wednesday that falls two weeks after the end of a pay period. Students that do not have direct deposit, paychecks will be mailed to the address provided on their current Student Employment Certification Form/GRA Contract/GTA Contract.

  • Students leaving for break that want their last check mailed to them should provide a self- addressed and stamped envelope to the Payroll Office, MG 205.
  • Students that would like paychecks electronically deposited should submit the Electronic Payroll Deposit form to the Budget and Human Services Office, MG 205.
  • The first check after signing up for electronic deposit will be mailed to the address provided on their current Student Employment Certification Form/GRA Contract/GTA Contract; subsequent checks will be electronically deposited.
Connect with us.

We can answer your questions and help you get started.

Financial Aid Office
Phone: (406) 496-4223
Fax: 406-496-4705
Student Success Center, Room 3.126