Montana Tech of the University of Montana is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
Montana Tech graduates with a B.S. in Biological Sciences will:
- have a general working knowledge of biology including Evolution, Ecology, Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology,
- be profi cient in using basic biological equipment and techniques in both laboratory and fi eld settings,
- be able to apply their knowledge to a variety of biological problems,
- have effective oral and written communication skills,
- be able to use scientifi c literature,
- be able to conduct research independently and with others.
Outcomes will be assessed by:
- normal course work and exams,
- success in completing a senior thesis,
- success in exams such as the GRE, MCAT, and job and professional school placement.