Direct PLUS Loan
Dependent StudentsIf your parent is interested in processing a Direct PLUS Loan, the parent applying for the loan must follow the steps below.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click on the green Sign In button.
- Use the parent’s social security number, date of birth, and PIN for the parent that will be applying for the Direct PLUS Loan.
- Click on Request a Direct PLUS Loan.
- Choose Parent PLUS.
- Enter Student Information.
- Enter School and Loan Information.
- Enter Borrower Information.
- Review all information provided to verify that it is correct.
- Consent to credit check and submit the application.
- If credit is approved, select the option to complete a MPN.
- If credit is denied, you may find an endorser for the loan or the student may contact Financial Aid at email@example.com or (406) 496-4223 to discuss additional Direct Unsubsidized Loan options; or the family may want to explore alternative/private loan options on FASTChoice.
Alternative Loan Process
Students are offered all of the Federal and State Financial Aid they are eligible to receive through the FAFSA. If you are interested in borrowing alternative loans, please check with your local lending institution as well as the internet or you may compare loan options at FASTChoice. Alternative/Private Loans are lender based and have varying terms and conditions. You must file the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and have remaining need according to Federal Regulations in order for us to certify an alternative loan. If you would like to know how much you would be eligible to receive, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 496-4223.