Benefits of Student Employment
How can you benefit from providing a campus job? Campus departments can find qualified part-time employees. If departmental budgets permit, student employees may work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session. During breaks, students can work up to 40 hours per week. Register in DIGGERecruiting Now!
Find a Student Employee
Post your position with Enrollment Services in DIGGERecruiting. Create an employer account or log into your existing DIGGERecuriting account to post jobs and search for students interested in campus jobs.
Get started in DIGGERecruiting!
Student Employment Policy
Once you have hired a student, please send them to Tristan Sewell in Enrollment Services, MG 207. She will provide the forms and explain policy and procedures. Contact Tristan at email@example.com or (406) 496-4223 with any questions.
To request a change in pay for a current student employee, please complete the Raise Request & Evaluation forms below and submit to Enrollment Services for approval.
A Raise Request & Evaluation form is required for all raise requests. Please note that raises are only considered for approval if the student has a significant increase in duties, responsibility and skills.
- Applicant Screening Form
- Employer Checklist
- Evaluation Form
- Common Interview Questions
- Job Responsiblities and Expectations
- Orientation Checklist
- Stipend Letter Sample
- Student Employment Application (Not Required - for individual department use if needed)
- Student Employment Earnings Sheet (for tracking student hours and budget)
As of fall 2011, Montana Tech will use pre-printed time cards instead of blank cards. Supervisors will receive pre-printed time cards via campus mail once Enrollment Services receives complete paperwork for each student employee.
Unless otherwise announced by Enrollment Services, all time cards are:
- Due on the 18th day of each month (If the 18th is a weekend or holiday, cards are due on the next business day)
- Only accepted if completed in ink, igned by the student employee, and signed by the supervisor
- Only accepted if delivered by the supervisor, administrative associate, or other campus official. We will accept timecards from a student only if they are in a sealed envelope signed by the supervisor.
Please note, all student employees (hourly & stipend) must submit a monthly time card in order to receive a pay check.
Students are paid on the 1st day of each month. Students that do not have direct deposit can pick up paychecks with a photo ID at the Business Office, MG 205.
- If the 1st is on a Sunday or holiday, checks will be available the following business day. If the 1st is on a Saturday, checks will normally be available on Friday.
- Students leaving for summer break that want the last spring check mailed to them should provide a self-addressed and stamped envelope to the Payroll Office, MG 303.
Students that would like paychecks electronically deposited should submit the Electronic Payroll Deposit form to The Budget & Human Services Office in MG Building, room 303.
- The first check after signing up for direct deposit must be picked up at the Business Office, MG 205; subsequent checks will be electronically deposited.