There are many scholarship opportunities available to SHIH students. New students apply through the New Student Scholarship Application. Continuing students apply through the Continuing Student Scholarship Application.
Complete scholarship information and application deadlines are available at the Enrollment Services scholarship page.
Featured SHIH Scholarships
The Margaret & Floyd Bossard Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Student(s) must be a citizen of the United States.
- Students(s) shall be enrolled full-time.
- The student(s) must be an upper division or graduate student majoring in Safety & Health, Environmental Engineering, or Industrial Hygiene.
- Scholarship monies are to be equally divided and dedicated to the three academic groups mentioned above.
- Recipients must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Scholarships are to be awarded by the respective department heads with faculty recommendation.
Shelly J. Havlovick Endowed Scholarship
- Student(s) shall be female.
- Student(s) shall be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Student(s) shall be pursuing a degree in an engineering, science, or technical field.
- Student(s) shall have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Preference shall be given to student(s) involved in community service.
- Preference of this award shall be given to student(s) who have received this scholarship previously, assuming the above criteria are met.
Brent E. Lee Endowed Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship honors Brent Eldon Lee, whose passion for helping people led to a career in workplace safety in the petroleum safety industry.
- Student(s) shall be enrolled full-time in SHIH with the intention of pursuing a safety career in the oil & gas industry.
- Student(s) shall have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Preference shall be given to student(s) who demonstrate financial need and/or maintain part-time employment throughout their academic year.
- Scholarship is renewable if the above criteria are met.
Evan & Virginia Martinsen Endowed Scholarship
- Student shall be female.
- Student shall be pursuing a degree in Occupational Safety and Health.
- Student shall be either a junior or senior.
- Student shall have a 3.0 GPA.