Contracts & Grants
The office of Contracts & Grants assists, faculty, staff and
students to secure and administer outside support for their instructional,
research, and public service activities.
The Office of Contracts & Grants protects institutional eligibility
of external funding by ensuring that all sponsored projects comply
with Montana Tech of the UM research policies and procedures as
well as federal, state and sponsor mandates.
As a professional accounting team, our mission is to provide support
to the Montana Tech of UM research community by proactively delivering
consistent, accurate and timely financial products and services.
We anticipate and creatively respond to the needs of our customers
through collaboration and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Total Montana Tech of UM contracts and grants awarded in
FY 2005-2006: $4,506,718.
• Federal support: $18.9 millon.
• Expended for Montana Tech of UM contract and grant activities
in FY06. $7,842,753.
• Personnel costs were 46% of total direct expenditures
• Equipment purchased: $343,796
• Indirect Costs generated: $1,092,508
• IDC’s returned to Deans, Department Heads and Generators: