MINES: Making Innovations in Engineering & Science
The application period for the MINES Summer Camp is now closed. Acceptance notifications will be sent on Friday, May 16, 2014.
- Submit APPLICATION, which includes:
- Personal information
- Education Information
- Legacy Information
- Parent/Guardian Form
- Personal Application Statements (3), written in English, not to exceed 500 words each.
- Briefly list your three most significant interests and activities, which may include employment or volunteer work experience. Note the time you devote to each activity, during which grades you participated, and your main responsibilities. Describe why one of these interests or activities is so important to you, your reasons for becoming involved in it, and your related accomplishments.
- Submit a personal statement, which will help us get to know you better. What distinguishes you from your classmates and peers? What are your goals for the future? What about the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math fields excites you the most?
- Explain why you think you would be a good candidate for the MINES – Summer Camp for Young Women. What do you expect to gain from this experience and what would you like to accomplish during the program? Do you think MINES – Summer Camp for Young Women will contribute to your career plans? Why or why not?
- Go over financial document and scholarship form with legal guardian
- Submit SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION if needed
- Official High School Transcripts
- PSAT, PLAN, SAT or ACT scores (if applicable)
- Applicants interested in requesting additional scholarship money are required to submit the TEACHER-COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION FORM.