Gradebook: Creating a CategoryFirefox is the best browser to use when accessing Moodle 2.6. Free download: http://www.mozilla.org
Accessing the Gradebook:
1. Login to your Moodle course
2. Click on Grades in the Administration block
Gradebook: Creating a Category
Graded items are automatically added to the gradebook when various activities are created in the Central Column, e.g, , etc. However sometimes you may want to manually add a grade item for an activity that takes place outside of Moodle.
1. Open the Categories and items tab
2. Choose Add category
3. Enter in the Category name
4. Choose the Aggregation type
The aggregation determines how grades in a category are combined, such as
Mean of grades - The sum of all grades divided by the total number of grades
Median of grades - The middle grade when grades are arranged in order of size
Mode of grades - The grade that occurs the most frequently
Sum of grades - The sum of all grade values, with scale grades being ignored
5. Enter in the Grade type, along with the Maximum and Minimum grades
6. Choose whether or not you want the grade item hidden from students.
7. Choose the necessary Parent category
8. Click Save changes
Campus Technology Services:
Need more help? Contact the Campus Technology Services Help Desk at 406.496.4244 or by email at .