Creating a SCORM ModuleFirefox is the best browser to use when accessing Moodle 2. Free download: http://www.mozilla.org
A SCORM package is a collection of files which are packaged according to an agreed standard for learning objects. The SCORM activity module enables SCORM or AICC packages to be uploaded as a zip file and added to a course. Content is usually displayed over several pages, with navigation between the pages. There are various
options for displaying content in a pop-up window, with a table of contents, with navigation buttons etc. SCORM activities generally include questions, with grades being
recorded in the grade book.
To add a SCORM module to your course, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Montana Tech homepage at http://www.mtech.edu
2. In the upper right hand corner, click on the MYMTECH link
3. Click the orange button in the upper right hand corner and sign in to your MYMTECH account.
4. Once signed in, select the course you would like to modify under “Courses you are teaching:”
5. In the upper right hand corner, click the “Turn editing on” button.
6. Click the green button labeled “Add an activity or resource” in the center column of the Moodle
7. From the pop-up list, choose the “SCORM package” option, and then click the “Add” button.
8. Enter the name and description of the SCORM package.
9. Upload your SCORM package by dragging the package’s ZIP file onto the file picker, or by clicking the “Choose a file…” button and selecting the file.
10. Fill in any optional settings you would like, and then click the “Save and return to course” button. Your SCORM package is now uploaded and ready for your students to use.
11. To access your SCORM package from your course outline, navigate to this icon, and click the title of the SCORM package.
12. From this page, you may access student reports using the “Reports” tab, or enter the SCORM activity using the “Enter” button. This page also shows certain settings and statistics on the SCORM activity.
13. Upon clicking the “Enter” button, you will be taken to the first page of the SCORM activity. The SCORM activity module has its own set of navigation buttons, although some SCORM packages may disable these in favor of their own navigation buttons.
Campus Technology Services:
Need more help? Contact the Campus Technology Services Help Desk at 406.496.4244 or by email at .