How to Install Read & Write 11
What you need:
*You must have a version of Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you can download the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
*You must have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed on your computer. If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed on your computer, you can download it at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
Read & Write supports struggling readers and writers, those with literacy difficulties (including dyslexia) and English language learners, through a host of reading, writing, and study/research features. Read&Write is supported on Windows, Mac, and iOS platforms and is used globally in education, the workplace, and at home. Read & Write is a floating toolbar allowing users to access Read&Write features from within other programs such as Word, web browsers or PDF readers. Read & Write provides the following benefits:
- Text reading in quality computerized voices.
- On Screen Text to Speech Conversion (OCR) of text located in image files.
- Editing tools such as a spell checker, word predictor, dictionary, word wizard thesaurus, and 'a sounds alike' tool that helps users determine if they've chosen the correct homophones in their writing.
- An MP3 converter to convert text into files for later playback in an MP3 player.
- Translation tools for ESL Students.
- A pronunciation tutor, fact-finding tool, fact mapping graphic organizer tool.
- A voice dictation tool for writing assistance.
- Research Assistant - The Research Assistant helps collect web-referenced quotations and creates bibliography entries from dozens of source types including electronic/webpage, articles, books, etc. The Read&Write Research Assistant offers MLA, APA, and Harvard Bibliography/Works Cited formats.
To make sure you have what you need, check to see if you have these two programs installed on your computer*.
a) Adobe Acrobat Reader
b) Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Navigate to mymtech.mtech.edu
a) Access the MyMtech webpage provided on the Montana Tech home page located in the top right hand corner.
b) Sign In to your account using your MyMtech login located in the top right hand corner.
c) Enter your credentials and sign in.
Click on the tab that says Read & Write.
e) Once you run it, it will download and run the files needed this can take a little bit. Once done it will close it's own window.
f) After it is done, go to your desktop and find the Read&Write 11 icon and double click it to run it.
Campus Technology Services:
Need more help? Contact the Campus Technology Services Help Desk at 406.496.4244 or by email at .