IE8 Settings for Data Extraction in Banner:
Be sure you have no toolbars installed in your browser. They may have their own pop-up blocker that will override any settings you make in IE and not allow your data extraction to execute fully. Toolbars can be removed from the Control Panel by choosing the Add or Remove Programs link in XP or the Programs and Features link in Windows 7. Please contact your computer support person if you need assistance removing toolbars.
1. Open IE and go to the “Tools” menu on the Command Bar in the upper, right-hand corner. If you don’t have the Command Bar enabled in your browser, you can also choose “Tools” from the Menu Bar.
2. Choose “Internet Options” from the Tools drop-down menu.
3. The Internet Options window will appear.
4. Click the "Security" tab on the top of the Internet Options window.
5. Click the “Trusted Sites” zone at the top of the window and then click the “Sites” button.
6. The Trusted Sites window will appear. If you don’t already have entries for http://*.mtech.edu and https://*.mtech.edu, uncheck the “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” check box. Add the entries for http://*.mtech.edu and https://*.mtech.edu one at a time by typing the path into the “Add this website to the zone:” field and clicking the “Add” button. Click the “Close” button when you have the addresses listed in t he “Websites” field.
7. Stay on the “Security” tab and select the “Custom Level” button at the bottom of the window.
8. The Security Settings window will open. Scroll down the list and look for the Downloads section. Click the “Enable” radio button for “Automatic prompting for file downloads.” After you make the selection, click the “OK” button
9. If you are prompted with a warning stating “Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone?” choose “Yes.”
10. Select the “Privacy” tab from the Internet Options window and then click the “Settings” button under the Pop-up Blocker section.
11. If you do not already have the entry *.mtech.edu in the “Allowed Sites” field, type *.mtech.edu into the “Address of website to allow” field and click the “Add” button. Click the “Close” button when you have added the entry.
12. Select the “Advanced” tab from the Internet Options window and scroll down the “Settings” list until you find “Reuse windows for launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is off)” in the “Browsing” section. Uncheck the box for “Reuse windows for launching shortcuts (when tabbed browsing is off).” Click the “Apply” and “OK” button when you have unchecked the box. Open Banner and execute your data extraction.
Campus Technology Services:
Need more help? Contact the Campus Technology Services Help Desk at 406.496.4244 or by email at .