E-Mail & Office 365
Please consider the following best practices when sending e-mails from a Montana Tech account.
The most important thing to remember is that every e-mail you send from a Montana Tech account represents the entire campus, not just you.
- Try to respond in a timely fashion, within 24 to 48 hours.
- Do not “reply all” unless every member on the e-mail chain needs to know.
- Don’t use complicated, cartoony, or handwritten type fonts. They can be seen as unprofessional and are often hard to read. We recommend using the fonts Calibri or Verdana.
- Always include a signature. Ideally, this would be your custom Montana Tech e-mail signature.
- Do not include personal images in your e-mail signature.
- Avoid using stationaries or background images. They can be very distracting and do not fit with our e-mail signatures or our brand standards.
- Avoid using emoticons, jargon, slang, or shortcuts to real words.
- Always include a subject in your e-mail messages.
- Don’t get mistaken for Spam; avoid using all caps, all lower case, web URLs or exclamation points in your e-mail subject line.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call instead of writing an e-mail, especially when you need to explain many different things.