Moodle - Block Descriptions
- Attendance: Allows you to take attendance, download an attendance report, and change the settings.
- Blog Menu: Provides links to; add a new entry, view my entries, blog preferences, view site entries, add/delete tags
- Class List: A quick list view of all of the course members.
- Courses Available to You: List the courses available to you.
- Express: Moodlerooms has developed enhanced branding capabilities to provide both basic and advanced users with tools to completely customize the appearance of their site, course categories and courses. Express places the branding power in the client’s hands
- Messages: The message block displays a list of new messages you have received, with a link to your Messages window.
- My Courses: Provides a collapsible tree view for users to browse their enrolled courses. It is similar to the Course block, except that you need to expand each category to navigate to another course.
- My Links: A collection of a user’s most frequently visited links.
- Online Users: The Online Users block shows a list of users who have been logged into the current course. This block can be added or deleted by a teacher. The list is updated on a regular basis (the default is every 5 minutes). Note that even though a user may have been logged into a course within the last 5 minutes, it does not necessarily mean that this user is still online.
- Quickmail: Allows you to email an entire class or select students. Compose and history features.
- Quiz Results: The quiz results block displays the highest and/or lowest grades achieved on a quiz within a course. There must be a quiz in the course to correctly configure this block.
- Random Glossary Entry: The random glossary block can be used to display random entries from a glossary, which usually takes the form of dictionary style definitions. However the flexibility of Moodles HTML editor allows users to adapt this block for other purposes such as 'Quote of the Day' or a random picture gallery that changes each time the page is refreshed.
- Reports: Instructors can monitor student progress using these powerful reports, which indicate what participants are doing when and for how long.
- Task List: Allows users to create a check list of tasks they have yet to accomplish.
- Ungraded Assignments: Displays assignments and manual feedback quiz submissions that remain ungraded for easy messaging and note-taking.
- Wimba Pronto: Provides Web conferencing and synchronous tools and creates course activities that link to the tools. http://moodle.alamancecc.edu/file.php/1/WPB_30_User_Guide.pdf
- joule Notifications: