Student On-Campus Interviewing Policy
- Provide Career Services with accurate information.
- Adhere to schedules.
- Accept an offer of employment in good faith.
- Notify employers on a timely basis of an acceptance or nonacceptance of an employment offer.
- Withdraw from the recruiting process after accepting an offer of employment.
- Interview only with employers for whom students are interested in working and whose eligibility requirements they meet.
- If a student misses an interview without showing proof of extenuating circumstances, the student must write a letter of apology to the appropriate recruiter and provide a copy to Career Services. The letter must be written and sent before the student will be allowed to interview with another company.
- If a student misses two interviews, s/he relinquishes any right to further interview through Montana Tech's Career Services office for the next fifteen academic weeks (one semester period). This would mean, for example, that if a student misses an interview during the seventh week of Fall semester, s/he would not be able to interview again on-campus until the eighth academic week of Spring semester.
- If a student wishes to cancel an interview appointment, the student must do so at least twenty-four hours in advance of the interview time. Last minute cancellations or cancellations made the morning of the interview will not be accepted and will be considered unexcused misses.
Letters of Apology
- All students missing or canceling interviews are required to write a letter of apology to the recruiter, with a copy to Career Services. Students who fail to do this will not be permitted to further participate in the on-campus recruitment process.