Business    Office
Business Office
Future Students  |  Current Students  |  Academics  |  Alumni   |    Giving   |   Faculty & Staff   |   Visitors  |   Athletics

Business Office

Academics »

Learn about the 60+ degrees and programs we offer. And discover the outstanding enrichment opportunities available to you.

Frequently   Asked   Questions

How and when do I receive a bill?

Students will no longer receive a bill in the mail. Students are sent an email message to their student email address from the Business Office when their billing information is available on Orediggerweb.

[Return to Top]

How do I change my address?

You can fill out a “Change of Address” form in the Enrollment Services office or you can update your address information in your Orediggerweb account.

[Return to Top]

Can I waive the Health Insurance?

You accept or decline the student health insurance in Orediggerweb when you look at or finalize your student bill at the beginning of every semester. If you need to waive the insurance after the 15th class day, you must talk to the Director of Student Affairs in the Student Affairs Office or call (406) 496-4477.

[Return to Top]

How can I pay my account?

Your account can be paid at the Business Office or on-line.

[Return to Top]

What type of credit cards are accepted?

The Montana Tech Business Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Cards.

[Return to Top]

What is the Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Tax Credit?

Please see Tax Information

[Return to Top]

When is my bill due?

Payment is due by two weeks prior to the first day of class.

[Return to Top]

1098 T Tax Information

The Business Office will mail out 1098 T Tax forms in January. You can reprint a copy of the form by going in to your Orediggerweb account.

[Return to Top]

How do I get my refund?

If you have a refund it will be available for you to pick up at the Business Office (a Digger ID card is required). Please check your Orediggerweb account to determine when your refund has been ordered. Refunds are not issued for $5 or less, except upon the specific request of the person entitled to receive the refund. All refund requests for $5 or less must be received in writing.

Refund warrants not cashed will stale-date with the State of Montana in six months. Please contact the Business Office for information on warrant replacement or how to obtain unclaimed funds.

[Return to Top]

How do I get my refund if I am a Distance student?

You can request the Business Office to mail your refund to you. Send a request from your Montana Tech e-mail account to with the following information:

  • A request for us to mail the refund;
  • The term that the refund is for;
  • The address where you want it mailed.

[Return to Top]