The Office of the Provost
Doug Abbott, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs/Provost
Welcome to the Montana Tech Provost’s Office webpage.
As the Chief Academic Officer of the campus, the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs works closely with the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Deans, Directors, Faculty, and Staff to maintain the academic excellence for which Montana Tech is known around the world.
The Provost is responsible for maintaining Montana Tech’s academic degree portfolio as well as other responsibilities, which include but are not limited to recruitment/retention of faculty, tenure/promotion, budgets, and student issues.
The Provost’s direct reports include the following:
- Dean of the School of Mines and Engineering;
- Dean of the College of Letters, Sciences, and Professional Studies;
- Dean of Highlands College;
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs/Dean of Students;
- Library Director;
- Director of the Institute for Educational Outreach;
- Director of Institutional Research; and
- Director of Distance Learning.
The items provided in the green navigation box to the left are topics often requested by faculty, staff, and students. If there is a topic you are interested in but cannot find on this page, please contact Kay Dellen for additional information.