Admission to the Honors Program
Students applying for admission to the Montana Tech Honors Program should have an expressed interest in broadening and deepening their educational experience and provide clear evidence of academic talent and motivation. High School GPA and ACT or SAT scores will be used in selecting applicants. There are no minimum values used in the selection; however, target values are: high school GPA of 3.5, ACT composite score of 27, or SAT combined score of 1800. Highly motivated students, students with varied life experiences, non-traditional students, students with diverse backgrounds and from varied racial and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Deadline:Applications to the Montana Tech Honors Program must be postmarked by April 1st. You must apply separately for admission to Montana Tech. Applications received after April 1st will be considered for admission on a space-available basis.
Montana Tech Application Procedures
Applicants may complete the online application found here, or send the below application materials to the address below. Materials should be postmarked by April 1st.
- The Montana Tech Honors Program application form.
- A resume or short biography including honors, activities, accomplishments and community service.
- An essay of 2-3 pages (double spaced) on one of the following topics:
- Topic 1: From your perspective, describe benefits and detriments of one modern technology on society (for example smart phones, social networking sites, gaming consoles, etc.)
- Topic 2: Argue why you think “Math is Cool.”
- Topic 3: (If you do) Give some examples of how you use The Scientific Method in your everyday life.
Send applications to:
Montana Tech Honors Program
1300 West Park Street
Butte, MT 59701